Suggest an alternative medication for Apo-Diltiaz
and have not been feeling well would like to go off apo-diltax is there an alternative
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern and would explain that both apo-diltax and olmetec can lead to muscular pain as an adverse effect.
I would like to know when did you start both these drugs?
Have you made any changes to their doses lately?
There is no reason to think that this symptomatology is related to these drugs adverse effects, if you have been using them both for a long time at the same doses.
Before coming into this conclusion, other causes of muscular pain should be excluded first. I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:
- a cervico-thoracic column X ray study
- a chest X ray study
- lab blood tests (complete blood count, CPK, blood electrolytes including calcium plasma levels, PCR, sedimentation rate, kidney and liver function tests).
If all these tests result normal, you should discuss with your doctor on the possibility of making some changes to your actual therapy.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Feel free to ask any other questions, whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On ibuprofen for inflammation due to arthritis suggest alternative medication
- Alternative medication to ramipril
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- Inflammation in ribs prescribed with ultram suggest alternative medication
- Suggest alternative medications for treatment of diabete
- Have migraines antistimine medication suggest medications
- Suggest alternative medication for cough
- Suggest alternative medication for mvfe for high creatinine level
- Suggest alternative of soma pain medication
- Not responding to testim alternate medication