Suggest an alternative for Prozac for depression during pregnancy
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
There is no human evidence which stated the safety of Prozac so all in all we don't prefer putting patients on Prozac while pregnant or when trying to get pregnant.
So better stop the drug and rather try simple measures like
- yoga and meditation
- some sport activities or a regular gym schedule
- can plan a vacation or at least frequent get together with friends.
Mild tranquilizers like chlordiazepoxide are also safe and thus can be started after consultation with your psychiatrist.
Wish you with a healthy baby soon which will itself treat all the problems.
All the best.
it is a prescription drug.
It is available as equilibrium brand but is a prescription drug so consult your psychiatrist for that.
For energy you can -
- have green leafy vegetables and loads of fruits daily
- drink good amount of water and milk daily.
- take almonds and walnuts are very good
- you can also take protein powder in milk twice a day.
- a daily brisk walk or a regular gym schedule is also good.
Try these simple measures and you will feel refreshed soon.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will prozac treat postnatal depression ?
- Is eglonyl safe during pregnancy for depression
- Marijuana for depression during pregnancy
- Does prozac help with depression
- Feeling depressed during pregnancy 5th month
- Prozac for manic depression
- Suggest treatment for depression and irrational behaviour during pregnancy
- On prozac and still depressed
- Anxiety depression taking prozac
- How safe is taking hydrocodone for depression during pregnancy