Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest an alternative for Clompramine

Answered by
Dr. Ram Choudhary

Internal Medicine Specialist

Practicing since :2001

Answered : 2272 Questions

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have a condition called cataplexy and have taken the drug clompramine HCL 50 mg for a number of years. I need to find another drug because it has risen in price and i cant afford it. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
try these under clinician supervision

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
Clomipramine is a safe drug and can be taken for years together.
You can try other alternative SSRI which may be cheaper in your country namely sertraline, fluoxetine.
Amitryptiline is a different class drug but can be a good replacement.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,   ,  

Recent questions on Sertraline

doctor1 MD

I am a 57 year old female who has been experiencing extreme episodes of sweating lasting sometimes for a couple of hours. Hair dripping. Feel tired most of the time. Dr. just took me off Zoloft thinking that may be causing the extreme sweating. I had been on 100mg of Zoloft for about 13 years. I also take Wellbutrin XL 300. My A1C was 6.1. Doctor doesn't seemed concerned with A1C. I just don't know what can be causing such extreme sweating. Any ideas? Thanks, Marilyn

doctor1 MD

Hi! I took deanxit for 3 years then my Doctor said he wants to change deanxit because of side effect so he gave me Zoloft didn t work then wellbutrin didn t work, then tritico, didn t work and few that I already forgot but the thing is I m happy with deanxit. do you think I can start deanxit again? Or is it really bad the side effect if you take it for long time?

doctor1 MD

hi. My mom just recently had a heart attack. I decided that i am going to go ahead and take over her medication administration. She had been prescribed...100 mg/zoloft, 25 mg/elavil, and 150 mg/twice daily/Bupropion. Something just doesnt seem right to me with all that. There are other issues that I have with her medication right now, but hey...Im no DR.

doctor1 MD

Dear sir or madam, I have had a flakey, soft, darkbrown stool for about two weeks now. It has a really strong smell and I have a lot of gas too. I tend to go to the toilet about 3 to 5 times a day, it is really getting too much! I am on 100 mg of sertraline since about 2 months now. Also, I have a strong smelling vaginal discharge and a strange itch with tiny little red spots on the top of my feet and my legs. Where does this all come from!? Thank you for your help

doctor1 MD

i have crirrocis quit drihking 2years but i have bad itching

doctor1 MD

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I take trazodone, gabapentin and duloxetine HCL DR, with oxycodon-acetaminophen7.5-325 witch I have to drug test for. I was just told my test came back showing I have taken lorazepam . this is not the first time for this...

doctor1 MD

I have anxiety attacks, fatigue and major depression , I am hot and cold, sick to stomach but no vomiting . Thyroid tests (THS, T3, T4) are normal. Zanax, Pretiq etc. have not helped. I need help.