question-icon

Suggest an alternative OTC of Duonase for allergy

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014
Question: I am from XXXXXXX and I ve been using Duonase for 10 years now whenver I have allergy. I use it like 3 times per month. I finished the stock I brought along with me. Is there any over the counter spray in US that I can buy ? Duonase has Azelastine Hydrochloride BP (140 mcg) + Fluticasone Propionate 50 mcg. Azelastine is an anti-allergic antihistamine and Fluticasone is a corticosteroid. This combination is used mainly in the treatment of Allergic rhinitis.
Answered by Dr. Praveen (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Dymista is the drug which has same combination

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for writing on HCM.

Duonase in XXXXXXX is available as DYMISTA (azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate -137 mcg/50 mcg) Nasal Spray in US.

This was approved in 2012 & there is no other OTC available in US for this product as of now.It is a prescription medication.

I regret that though Duonase is a prescription medication and not an OTC it is freely available in XXXXXXX without prescription, but this is not the case in US.

Hope this answers your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Praveen