Suggest an alternate medicine for Montair-LC syrup taken for cold
Thanks for writing to us.
I understand your child has been having frequent cold cough and wheezing.
These are my suggestions
1. Get chest xray mantoux test done along with allergen specific IgE levels.
2. MONTAIR alone is recommended as first line treatment. Since she is doing pretty well now, continue that alone.
3. No significant side effects with MONTAIR alone. Weight gain is because of steroids like kidpred.
4. No use of septilin or others.
5. Currently you are on the best option. No other alternative available.
Wishing your child good health and speedy recovery.
Yes you can replace with MONTAIR granules or tablets.
Both are the same.