Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suggest an OTC medicine for treatment of boil near the anus

Jan 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 7387 Questions
What kind of treatment can I get over the counter for a boil near my anus?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Oral+Topical antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at HCM Boils/Furuncle at this site can be extremely painful. If I was you treating doctor I would have put her on oral antibiotics (penicillin group e.g Amoxycillin in combination with Clavulanic acid, 625 mg, thrice daily for a week). An OTC topical antibacterial like 2% Mupirocin cream or ointment can be applied twice daily over the boil. An OTC pain killer e.g Ibuprofen or Diclofenac can be taken orally to relieve the pain and discomfort. take care regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor