Suggest alternative treatment for tooth pain

Dr. Ratnesh Pandey

Homeopath

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Alternative Medicine
Question: Hello,
I am having a lengthy, complicated root canal treatment (still two roots canals open and medicated, 2 already filled), having had to take antibiotics twice, but started to take homeopathic remedies after vague recommendations from a friend after the second course to help healing the infection or inflammation and prevent further infection. I am taking Staphisagria 6X, Belladona, Silicea, Nux vomice, all 30C pills in my kit), but am unsure as to how much to take with which potency. In my desperation, anxiety and by now sheer panic about the recurrent intermittent pain and what it means, I have also started to rinse my mouth with my own urine 3 times a day for 15 minute, and (with at least 2 hours inbetween as recommended) with warm salt water. It seems to help, but today, three days after a fourth untreated root canal was discovered, cleaned and medicated and the whole thing (a crowned molar, treatment was done through the crown) closed by a temporary filling. The following as well as the next day saw remarkable improvement (with homeopathy and the mouth rinses), but after an urinary rinse this morning I had a terrible taste of Ammonia or chloride or a mix of both in my mouth and am worried that this is from leakage through the temporary filling or otherwise related to the tooth. Does urine dissolve those fillings? Today, my tooth-pain is worse again, and I am not sure whether to stop or change homeopathy and/or the rinses and whether it is healing pain or infection pain. Can you, please, recommend homeopathic treatment (preferably with C 30, or I would try to get other potencies via Helios) which helps with root canal infection or the healing of a lingering infection around the tooth (no abcess whatsoever) and the associated soreness of the gum around the area (which was cleaned by the endodontist before the last treatment as well).
I am also scheduled for cataract surgery on Tuesday, and am not sure, whether this can go ahead with the tooth issue not sorted out yet.
But if so, is there any homoepathic remedy with which I can minimise the risk for complication (e.g. bruising or bleeding in the eye) and with which I can support the healing process after surgery and minimise infection risk (despite the eye-drops I have to take). Because of the tooth, I am too anxious and panicky to sleep and am afraid, I might suffer a panic attack on the operating table. Anything I can do to help with that?
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Treatment Required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health Care Magic
At this age problem related to tooth are commonly seen due to poor hygiene. You have four tooth which are badly affected. First of all i want to tell you for RC filling is the best option for Decayed tooth. Homeopathy is a good option to prevent further decaying of tooth.
You are taking some medicine as you have mentioned in your post they are good for initial treatment but you are beyond that stage so you need to take some specific medicine.
I am writing some medicine take as suggested

Hekla XXXXXXX 3x 3 tablet each TDS
Staphysagria 30 6 pills BD
Arnica 1M 6 pills once in day

Take this medicine for 15 days this would help you to get ride of this problem and minimize the chance of infection.
and you will have relief
Regarding change in taste that is common and is not due to leakage of material or Urine absorption. I would strongly suggest you to maintain hygiene of your mouth otherwise that would be a big trouble for you to get out of the pain and infection. i have included the medicine for pain.
As you have mentioned that you are planning for cataract surgery i would recommend you to delay for some time or consult with your ophthalmologist in details.
And suggest you to visit dentist on regular basis.

Hope i have clear your doubt and if any point of time you need any clarification feel free to ask.
Thanks
Dr Ratnesh Pandey

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 28 hours later
Dear Dr Pandey,

I already have all those remedy at home but in different potencies:

Staphisagria 6X globuli,
Hekla Iava 6X globuli
Arnica, 30 C pills

Can I use these, and at which dosage and interval with those potencies?

And what does TDS (behind Hekla Iava) and BD (nach Stasiphagria) mean ?

I will go to the eye-hospital tomorrow (surgery(, but discuss the issue with my ophtomologis. I they decide to go ahead with the surgery - I cannot really, timewise, afford to postpone it - can you suggest homoepathic remedies to aid me through surgery and recovery?
And which Hekla Kava potency did you want in your original prescription, if you prefer me to not improvise with the 6X globuli?

Thank you,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ratnesh Pandey 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment Prescribed

Detailed Answer:
Hello

If you see carefully then their is difference in potency of medicine. In Homeopathy Potency is always important for progress of and cure depend on the potency and seat of disease. In your case I have prescribed the medicine with required potency. So Please check the availability of medicine with specified potency with you and start taking as advised and if you wont have medicine with that potency then try to manage form nearest physician. I Would strongly suggest you to stick with the above prescribed medicine.

I have mentioned the dose of medicine

Hekla XXXXXXX 3x 3 tablet each three times in a day
Staphysagria 30 6 pills Two times in a day (Morning and Evening)
Arnica 1M 6 pills once in day

Their should be difference of 15 to 20 minute between each medicine and medicine will be taken with clean mouth.

TDS means three times a day and BD means twice a day.

Regarding hekla XXXXXXX If 6X potency is not available the you can take 12X potency tablet two times in a day.

Hope this is clear to you
Keep me updating so that I could assist you in a better way

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari