Suggest alternative treatment for piles

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Fri, 26 Sep 2014 in Ayurveda
Question: I visited a surgeon today for piles. I didnt knew that I have developed a piles. the doctor says it is in the first stage and not alarming and he left the choice for surgery on me. He suggests that I can easily manage 4-5 years without surgery and I can go for a surgery only if I am travelling abroad. I also heared that piles can disappear automatically. Is there any alternative treatment for piles?
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Preventive Management & Psychosomatic Treatment

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and following points need clarifications for Ayurveda Treatment, meanwhile Dietary Regime and home remedied are imparted.

1. any history of chronic constipation?
2. Endocrine Disorder like under active thyroid, blood sugar profile or adrenal insufficiency?
3. please specify the type of hemorrhoids whether external or internal?

DIETARY REGIMEN

-take fresh fruits and vegetables,avoid milk and milk products in diet, excess of tea,coffee,tobacco,alcohol and carbonated beverages.
- eat slowly,avoid haste-irregular eating and sweet/heavy food which are difficult to digest and cause indigestion.
- take less of strong spices (ginger,garlic), oily-fried-fatty food and flatus producing foods (peas,beans,dals)
- take old rice,bottle gourd,moong dal XXXXXXX marich, pomegranate,jaiphal,hot water, adequate rest and sleep.
- take fried cumin seeds 500mg,
fried asafetida (hinga) 125mg,
XXXXXXX parpati 500mg, mix them and take with honey three times a day.
- 1 glass lukewarm water every morning and night.
- drink 1 cup potato juice daily for 1 month.
- 4tsf sugar+ 4tsf bitter gourd juice and drink for 1 month
- 3 pinches dried ginger+ 2 cup butter milk, drink after lunch and dinner for 1 month
- eat 2 tsf plain white butter + 1 tsf sesame powder before lunch and dinner and drink 2 cup butter milk + 3-4 pinches of black salt after lunch and dinner
- take: elephant yam, papaya, butter milk, pistachio, almonds, pear, apple, old rice, milk, crystallized sugar, raw radish and avoid tea,coffee,garlic,onion,fish,hot spices, sitting for long hours.

- Trifla because of its high nutritional-detoxification [Shodhan] and cleansing value is very helpful in treating your present complaints. [take 3 gm with XXXXXXX warm water at bed time]
. In Ayurveda we hold Piles to be due to low digestive fire and since butter milk has digestive properties you can take it along with ingredients like asafoetida, coriander leaves, ginger, currey leaves and sea salt to enhance its digestion-aiding properties.

PS:
. if job demands sitting, make sure you get up every half an hour to relax for 5 minutes and then sit back,make a sponge cushion for your chair.
. Again piles, is due to low digestive fire and taking amla & aloe vera juice will help in cleansing the liver to speed up the metabolism.
. Do not strain while passing stool,and use warm water or wet toilet paper but without perfume or alcohol(without soap) to clean your anus after each motion
. Avoid cold/tap/jet (western seat) water.

Please revert back with any concern(s)/clarifications

Dr. Munish sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D