• question-icon

Suggest alternative treatment for hemorrhoids

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: Hi Team,

I had consulted doctor and i came to know that I have fistula and haemorrhoid. and doctor suggested me to undergo ksharasootra therapy and rest will be of 5 days. can you suggest any other treatment may be Ayurveda or general which should be painless and no need of rest more than a day. if any suggestions that will cure without surgery will help me a lot. and it is of 1st stage.
I started using more fiber food and consuming more water now the problem is less.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sitz bath with an Oak Bark should help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Generally the best (and natural treatment) is healthy diet. Fiber rich products, vegetables, lack of fatty foods, increased mineral water intake should greatly help.
You should also avoid pushing hard on stool.
But please do not expect that the hemorrhoid will completely disappear. Its impossible. It will stay with you as long as it wont be removed. All you can do is to make it painless and smaller.
Great treatment is a sitz bath with Oak Bark twice a day for 7 days.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 minutes later
suggest me how to remove and the way it shouldn't appear again.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Only surgical removal can make it.

Detailed Answer:
The only way to remove it is surgery. Otherwise it will be reappearing for sure. No doubt in that.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 11 minutes later
please suggest me which is the best surgery for haemorrhoid and for fistula
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is not necessary right now.

Detailed Answer:
You have mentioned that this is 1 stage of hemorrhoid. If so, it does not and should not be removed at this point. Maybe this will be necessary in the future, but right now it is pointless. Try mentioned above treatment first. Usually it is effective and the surgery can be postponed for many years.
And there is no method which can be called the best one. Most of the surgical treatment methods are effective. But its way to early to think about it.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
it is external one, I will be getting burning sensation while sitting. for fistula also sitz bath will cure?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Oak Bark can cure fistula.

Detailed Answer:
If its external, its stage III or IV. In such case it can be removed. Rubber band procedure is very common and gives less pain than regular surgery. However regular incision is as effective as banding the hemorrhoids.
Yes, Oak Bark can cure fistula as well.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 hours later
Thank you so much
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon