Suggest alternative treatment for fibromyalgia

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: any cure for fibromyalgia? any ayurvedic/homeopathic medicine for it? what can i take over the counter, ayurvedic, herbal, homeopathic meds for fibromyalgia? what are the foods i should take and not take? what will turmeric do relating it with fibromyalgia? can over the counter turmeric supplement work same as the turmeric powder? how can take turmeric as i am not XXXXXXX descent. i am caucasian. any particular excercise, workout that i need to do?
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Query answered

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.

1.I am sorry,but there is no permanent cure for fibromyalgia.Only thing that you can do is build up strong immunity and control the disease as far as possible.

2.There are ayurvedic, homeopathic medicines available over the counter that can help control the disease to some extent without any medicinal side effects.
As you are caucasian,you need to check this out in a nearby medical outlet as to which medicines are available over the counter.

3.You should avoid sour and spicy food.Junk food has adverse effects and is known to aggravate problems.

Green leafy vegetables,sprouts,fruit juices ,aloe vera juice and high carbohydrate diet will help.Avoid non-vegeterian food.

4.Turmeric is known to have some effects on fibromyalgia but there are no proven results.Turmeric supplement is same as turmeric powder provided the constituents are in similar proportion.

5.Yoga and meditation with overall generalised muscle strengthening exercises (especially isometric ) will prevent long term side effects like joint stiffness and deformity.

I hope the answer was useful.

Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.

Thank you.
Kind regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana