Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Suggest alternative treatment for cardio-myopathy,Hypothyroidism and Renal calcification

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1306 Questions
Patients is having cardio-myopathy,CAD,LVD, CHF,DM Hypothyroidism and probably Renal calcification has took place. Doctor has denied to go for angio-graphy in this situation. Request you to kindly suggest me the alternative treatment if available Presently pateints is on ventilator. Renal failure . Kindly suggest . Echo reports attached
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Please see details. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam 1. As per the ECHO report the patient has severe decrease in cardiac pumping. Since the patient has renal failure also the condition becomes more XXXXXXX Any patient who has renal failure has almost 7 times more chances of complications and death during a cardiac surgery or angioplasty as compared to normal renal functions. Moreover diabetes , female gender, old age and poor heart pumping all are associated with more chances of complication during cardiac procedures. 2. One of the options would be to get her renal functions improved by dialysis in consultation with a a nephrologist. If she can get out of ventilator and her kidney functions improve substantially, one may take a chance or calculated risk of performing angiogram. 3. Had she not been suffering from renal failure a left ventricular assist device would have been an option for her heart failure. But with current status it is not an option. Sincerely Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest alternative treatment for cardio-myopathy,Hypothyroidism and Renal calcification 4 hours later
Thank you dr
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 22 hours later
Brief Answer: you are welcome Detailed Answer: You are welcome Madam. sincerely Sukhvinder
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor