Suggest alternative treatment for blocked tear duct
This blockage , know as dscryocystitis, should be handled cautiously.
The treatment depends on the cause of the blockage.
If it's infection hen the antibiotics are sufficient.
There are other methods of treatment like: massaging
stenting or intubation
dilatation, probing and flushing.
Good of you to get back to me.
Primarily I have a 5℅conversion rate for surgery,95℅i try to avoid surgery.
We have to give sufficient time to antibiotics and warm compresses and massage.If there is blockage then you will not be harming by delay.The next phase is that it may lead to acute dacryocystitis,which will be avoided by pressing the corner of eye and nose,to discharge any accumulated fluid,3 to 4 times a day.
Usually it is not infection but debris collection due to blockage of free flow of fluid.
Give nature some time,we may be able to avoid surgery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fucithalmic baby eye blocked tear duct
- Blocked tear duct in babies
- Have blocked tear duct alternative to tyzine
- Dua for blocked tear duct remedy
- What are the symptoms of blocked tear duct?
- Cpap blocked tear ducts
- Fucithalmic eye ointment for blocked tear ducts
- Fucithalmic blocked tear ducts
- Viagra and blocked tear ducts
- Lisinopril and blocked tear ducts