Suggest alternative treatment for IBS and oesophagitis
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Oesophagitis which is related to acid reflux and IBS are very common problems and both can occur in the same person. They do not have the same pathological mechanism but can be related to anxiety. If medicines have not settled the problem, give more attention to a healthy life style avoiding spicy, acidic, junk foods, caffeinated or aerated drinks and alcohol, exercise at least 30 minutes a day and practice stress relieving measures like yoga, meditation and relaxation exercises.
If your IBS symptoms are recent in onset, it would be good to get a colonoscopy also done to exclude any organic lesions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for ibs and with headaches
- Symptoms and treatment of ibs
- Is colofac a good treatment for ibs
- Ibs new treatment
- Ibs drug treatment
- Ibs vasovagal episode treatment
- Suggest treatment for ibs after cancer colon resection
- Suggest treatment for fissures due to constipation and ibs
- Suggest treatment for ibs and hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for ibs with stress