Suggest alternative treatment for COPD and sever constipation

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I am a 74 yr old women with copd and sever constipation i have taken senna, 1/2 a bottle of magnesium , 11/2 tops of miralax and a suppository recommended by th pharamist. nothing worked
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dietary changes have to be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Apart from above medicines, you should change your dietary habits.
You should take high fiber diet, drink plenty of liquids, eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Your stool should be soft.
Bowel will.move slowly in elderly people.So,medicines along with changed dietary habits will help you.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad