Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online
Ask a Homeopath   »  

Suggest alternative medicine for erectile dysfunction

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Ayurveda Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 3328 Questions
Hello Doctor,
I am suffering from diabetes (last 1.5 yrs) for which i am taking Glucoryl MV1(allopathic). Sugar level is presently in control. In addition to that, i am suffering from Erectile Disfunction. What homopathic medicine should I take for this..
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
erectile dysfunction and diabetes

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and necessary Management of your problem is dealt as:

A. Using the term ED [erectile dysfunction] makes it clear that other problems which interfere with sexual intercourse and reproduction,and problem with ejaculation/orgasm are not involved.
B. ED can be a total inability to achieve erection,an inconsistent ability to do so,or a tendency to sustain only brief erection.
C. ED usually is treatable at all ages, thus do let me know about:
i. Psychological Factors: such as stress,anxiety, guilt,depression,low self esteem, and fear of sexual failure
ii. Anxiety performance [are you in any relation]?
iii. fear of rejection by wife [are you married]?
iv. feeling of guilt [any childhood impression that sex is bad]?
v. any job pressure [over stress], addiction to alcohol, nicotine or opiates?

D. Since diabetes causes neuropathy i.e. weakening of nerves thus ED is one of them


. start with perineal exercises: while urinating, stop the flow of urine, start again, stop & start again 4-5 times.
PS. perineal exercise [pelvic floor programme] is a noninvasive alternative for the treatment of patients with ED by clearing venous occlusion. [will help to achieve full erection afterwards] It also helps to strengthen the muscles and sphincters involved in erection and ejaculation.

. take: milk and milk products, ghee, makhan, cheese, curd, apple, black grapes, pears, raisins, dates, almonds, walnut, XXXXXXX pomegranate, carrot, banana, apricots, musk melon, amla, coconut, pistachio, turnip, potato, onion, lady finger, radish, old brown rice, peas,garlic, bottle gourd.

avoid: sour and cold substances, tobacco [in any form], brinjal, tandori roti, red chilies, heavy and food which require long hours to digest, jaggery and its items, deep fried food.

PS. Before prescribing medication for ED, patient should be evaluated for any cardio vascular diseases, thus have an appointment with a Cardiologist for any potential risk of a cardio vascular event, so that Ayurveda medicines/herbs can be incorporated in your daily routine.

Foot Note: Medicine(s) of Alternate system do not help to control diabetes directly but prevent further complications.

Dr. Munish
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest alternative medicine for erectile dysfunction 18 hours later
Hi sir,
I am married so problem of C(iii) always lurks in my mind.
The quantity of ejaculated liquid is also less...
However, I had an appointment with Cardiologist ( I was a heavy smoker for around 18 yrs, but have stopped smoking for around 2.5 yrs. I had a problem of getting tired easliy, still have), and after series of tests, he said that everything was OK with me.. (touchwood)..
So now which medicines should I take??
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Management & Prevention

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for reverting back.

since Cardiovascular status is normal and evaluated by Cardiologist, thus you can safely go with:

1. before starting treatment take
. take trifla churan [3 gm] with XXXXXXX warm water before retiring to bed for 15 days
PS. if prior to starting the therapy still constipation or hard stools is a problem, go for enema to clear the stools.

2. Singly you can use: [after 15 days]
. Ashwagandha: best regarded as adaptogen with aphrodisiac properties which may be due to testosterone like effects, thus prescription drug available for same is/are: Ashwagandha churan, Ashwagandha lehyam.

. In Compound form:
i. Vigomax capsules [Charak]: 1 capsule daily with breakfast or at bed time
PS. Recent studies indicate Vigomax was effective in restoring sexual function in men with ED of varied etiologies.
ii. Tentex forte tablets [Himalaya]: 2 tablets twice daily for 3-4 weeks. treatment may be prolonged depending upon the response.
PS. is a non hormonal and safe sexual stimulant and acts on higher brain centers to improve libido, the antis tress, adaptogen action of tentex forte helps alleviate anxiety associated with sexual desire.
3. take tablet mentat [himalaya] 2 tab twice a day [since ED is a psychosomatic disorder] thus tranquility of mind is important.

Dr. Munish
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest alternative medicine for erectile dysfunction 1 hour later
So 1 must be taken for 15days, after that 2 must be taken for (how many days) and after that i should start with compound form medications.. for how many days..
also tell me from where can i get all these medicines...
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Necessary recommendation and Dosage

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for reverting back.

1. In simple and effective terms:

. Prior to start of therapy take trifla churan for 15 days to help cleanse the intestine and for better absorption of medicine.

PS. After the said period it is up to your discretion, as to what medicine and in which form best suits you i.e. either single or compound form.

2. Ashwagandha Churan 3gm with XXXXXXX warm milk twice daily [morning/evening] along with Capsule Vigomax or tentex forte tablet for minimum of 2 months and get examination and evaluation regularly.

3. All the said medicines are available over Ayurveda Pharmacy Store just ask for them:

. Ashwagandha Churan [baidyanath]
. Capsule vigomax [charak] OR Tablet tentex forte [himalaya]
. Tablet Mentat [himalaya]

Dr. Munish
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Homeopath

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor