Suggest alternative medicine for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Homeopathy
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am suffering from diabetes (last 1.5 yrs) for which i am taking Glucoryl MV1(allopathic). Sugar level is presently in control. In addition to that, i am suffering from Erectile Disfunction. What homopathic medicine should I take for this..
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
erectile dysfunction and diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and necessary Management of your problem is dealt as:

A. Using the term ED [erectile dysfunction] makes it clear that other problems which interfere with sexual intercourse and reproduction,and problem with ejaculation/orgasm are not involved.
B. ED can be a total inability to achieve erection,an inconsistent ability to do so,or a tendency to sustain only brief erection.
C. ED usually is treatable at all ages, thus do let me know about:
i. Psychological Factors: such as stress,anxiety, guilt,depression,low self esteem, and fear of sexual failure
ii. Anxiety performance [are you in any relation]?
iii. fear of rejection by wife [are you married]?
iv. feeling of guilt [any childhood impression that sex is bad]?
v. any job pressure [over stress], addiction to alcohol, nicotine or opiates?

D. Since diabetes causes neuropathy i.e. weakening of nerves thus ED is one of them

MAAGEMENT

. start with perineal exercises: while urinating, stop the flow of urine, start again, stop & start again 4-5 times.
PS. perineal exercise [pelvic floor programme] is a noninvasive alternative for the treatment of patients with ED by clearing venous occlusion. [will help to achieve full erection afterwards] It also helps to strengthen the muscles and sphincters involved in erection and ejaculation.

. take: milk and milk products, ghee, makhan, cheese, curd, apple, black grapes, pears, raisins, dates, almonds, walnut, XXXXXXX pomegranate, carrot, banana, apricots, musk melon, amla, coconut, pistachio, turnip, potato, onion, lady finger, radish, old brown rice, peas,garlic, bottle gourd.

avoid: sour and cold substances, tobacco [in any form], brinjal, tandori roti, red chilies, heavy and food which require long hours to digest, jaggery and its items, deep fried food.

PS. Before prescribing medication for ED, patient should be evaluated for any cardio vascular diseases, thus have an appointment with a Cardiologist for any potential risk of a cardio vascular event, so that Ayurveda medicines/herbs can be incorporated in your daily routine.

Foot Note: Medicine(s) of Alternate system do not help to control diabetes directly but prevent further complications.

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 18 hours later
Hi sir,
I am married so problem of C(iii) always lurks in my mind.
The quantity of ejaculated liquid is also less...
However, I had an appointment with Cardiologist ( I was a heavy smoker for around 18 yrs, but have stopped smoking for around 2.5 yrs. I had a problem of getting tired easliy, still have), and after series of tests, he said that everything was OK with me.. (touchwood)..
So now which medicines should I take??
Brief Answer:
Management & Prevention

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for reverting back.

since Cardiovascular status is normal and evaluated by Cardiologist, thus you can safely go with:

1. before starting treatment take
. take trifla churan [3 gm] with XXXXXXX warm water before retiring to bed for 15 days
PS. if prior to starting the therapy still constipation or hard stools is a problem, go for enema to clear the stools.

2. Singly you can use: [after 15 days]
. Ashwagandha: best regarded as adaptogen with aphrodisiac properties which may be due to testosterone like effects, thus prescription drug available for same is/are: Ashwagandha churan, Ashwagandha lehyam.

. In Compound form:
i. Vigomax capsules [Charak]: 1 capsule daily with breakfast or at bed time
PS. Recent studies indicate Vigomax was effective in restoring sexual function in men with ED of varied etiologies.
ii. Tentex forte tablets [Himalaya]: 2 tablets twice daily for 3-4 weeks. treatment may be prolonged depending upon the response.
PS. is a non hormonal and safe sexual stimulant and acts on higher brain centers to improve libido, the antis tress, adaptogen action of tentex forte helps alleviate anxiety associated with sexual desire.
3. take tablet mentat [himalaya] 2 tab twice a day [since ED is a psychosomatic disorder] thus tranquility of mind is important.

Dr. Munish
Naimittika
Follow up: Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Ok,
So 1 must be taken for 15days, after that 2 must be taken for (how many days) and after that i should start with compound form medications.. for how many days..
also tell me from where can i get all these medicines...
regards..
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Necessary recommendation and Dosage

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for reverting back.

1. In simple and effective terms:

. Prior to start of therapy take trifla churan for 15 days to help cleanse the intestine and for better absorption of medicine.

PS. After the said period it is up to your discretion, as to what medicine and in which form best suits you i.e. either single or compound form.

2. Ashwagandha Churan 3gm with XXXXXXX warm milk twice daily [morning/evening] along with Capsule Vigomax or tentex forte tablet for minimum of 2 months and get examination and evaluation regularly.

3. All the said medicines are available over Ayurveda Pharmacy Store just ask for them:

. Ashwagandha Churan [baidyanath]
. Capsule vigomax [charak] OR Tablet tentex forte [himalaya]
. Tablet Mentat [himalaya]

Dr. Munish
Naimittika