Suggest alternative medicine for Propanolol

Question
I have been on propanolol for about three to four years now for the treatment of shaky hands and any time I take the medicine I am ok and have reduced the size to half pill a day to every second day but anytime I try to stop stop I experienced tremor .is there any other medicine to relieve me from this mess or how to get the medicine out of my system or cure.
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
nip the cause don't mask it

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
Hand tremor is a symptom of underlying issue and propranolol just masks it does not cure it.we need to cure it.
Tremor responding to propranolol makes it worth assessment for thyroid functions ass hyperthyroidism irrespective of the type is classic for such tremors.if you are nervous, anxious, sweat alot, has a pounding heart, have lost weight or have reduced the menstrual flow etc or any of them that will make the suspicion of deranged thyroid functions more likely. Get to an endocrinologist and let them take care of you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX