Suggest alternative medication in place of Amlodipine

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Can you suggest an alternative to amlodipine
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can you be more clearer please?

Detailed Answer:
Hi welcome in HCM.
Can you give me some more information please?
Amlodipin is a drug used for arterial hypertension.

Do you suffer from any other diseases like renal,diabetes,lung,obesity or liver diseases?

There are some other anti hypertensive drugs in the same class with amlodipin like:nifedipin ,lercanidipin,felodipin etc.But there are several classes of medications for arterial hypertension too.According to the comorbidities (if you have),what stage of hypertension do you have,smoking status,your blood level of lipids,your doctor will decide what kind of treatment do you need or the change of the treatment.

Feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Pulmonologist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj