Suggest alternative medication for throat pain

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: My son 10 years old is suffering from throat pain he is taking augmentin for these two days but still he suffers what to do whether to wait one more day or take any other medicine

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Right course of treatment, salt water gargaling and lozenges

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome.
I have gone through your query.

Your son is on correct medicine, kindly complete the course, he should show improvement in in another day or two. I don't think there is any need of change in drugs.

Apart from the medicine I would have suggested you to go for warm salt water gargaling three to four times a day and it will be better if he can suck lozenges like strepsil or cofsil once or twice a day. And also ask him to take plenty of water especially warm water.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj