Suggest alternative medication for asthma

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I am getting asthma and even after using Cipla inhaler to get relief after a due course i am facing the same issue.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
What is the name of that inhaler?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Asthma is chronic inflammatory disease of airways. Allergy is the most common cause for this.
And best treatment for asthma is identification of allergen and if possible complete avoidance of it.
Inhaled treatment with inhaled bronchodilator and inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) are the mainstay of treatment.
So please let me know
1. Which Cipla inhaler you are not taking?
2. What was your last PFT (pulmonary function test) report?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.