• question-icon

Suggest alternative medication for Mobic

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: iam 75 0f age,have arithris,back pain,recently discover i have 2 ulcers, have been on mobic for years and years,stopped and have been off since mar9,2016, am really in serve pain,neck,headaches,spine,hips etc. am on paxil for many years too, doc. says only a narcoctic will help am wondering about flexeril and will run that by my doc. too was doing great on mobic, i do alot of outdoor work as well as in apt. not a all use to feeling so badly..on actametphin,sorry for spelling,500mg. twice a day and not working i got the ulcers from the mobic am at my wits end so to speak
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I wills go with tramadol or codeine!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this sever pains that you have reported. Yes, Mobic is a good pain medication but the complication of stomach ulcers limits its use. Am therefore not surprised that you suffered from this. I will suggest that you get a more powerful pain drug without such a side effect such as tramadol or codeine in addition to tylenol. Flexeril is a muscle relaxant and am not sure this would be able to control your pains. However, you may try it out and see whether it makes a difference as persons may at times respond to an atypical drug. If you do give it a try, let me know how the response to this is.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Ivo Ditah