Suggest alternative medication for Mobic to treat osteoarthritis
Micronutrients replacement alongside other pain killers can be used.
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, you can continue mobic but it's usage can be decreased according to pain severity and remission keeping a check on it's side effects relating to kindeys and stomach.
Other options like celecoxib can be used however other OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can be more lighter and safer on stomach and kidneys. If pain is not controlled more potent analgesics like tramadol or gabapentin may be needed.
However to hault or decrease the disease progression supplements for calcium, vitamin D3, ossien mineral complexes and bisphonates can be used off and on to facilitate bone development and decrease wear and tear. Meanwhile soft heels and soles of shoes and physiotherapy can be helpful.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for lumbar osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for hip osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for Osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for knee osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for traumatic osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for spinal osteoarthritis
- Can i take mobic for osteoarthritis?
- Drugs/medication for inflammatory osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for tricompartmental osteoarthritis
- Drugs/medication for septic osteoarthritis