Suggest alternative medication for Anadrol

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: My doctor has prescribed Anadrol 50mg tabs, but I can't find a pharmacy that can fill the prescription. Can you guide me in the right direction
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
Brief answer....there are many substitutes which can be looked into
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your problem in not getting it.
ANADROL ( METHAQUOLONE ) is a synthetic male hormone and is used to treat certain types of anaemia as well as to adding bulk to the muscles in HIV wasting syndrome patients.
You can try for various substitutes of this medicine,like...
A 50,ANADROLIC,ANADROLL,OXYDEX,OXYANABOLIC etc.
In case you are not able to find these substitutes,then you will have to consult your doctor for prescription of some alternative medicine.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta