Suggest alternative injectable medication in place of Imitrex while suffering from migraine

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: i have used imitrx injection pens before. they have seemed to stop working. is there another type of injectable medication for migraines. ihave bowel issues which make taking oral migraine medication painful.
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
there are other options if orals are not a good idea

Detailed Answer:
There are a number of options that would not be affected by bowel issues.

There is the wafer of MAXALT that melts on the tongue and is absorbed almost entirely within the mouth. There is the nasal spray of Imitrex and the nasal spray of Zomig. Zomig also has an orally disintegrating tablet.

If I've provided useful and helpful information to your questions could you do me a huge favor by CLOSING THE QUERY and be sure to include some fine words of feedback along with a 5 STAR rating? Again, many thanks for submitting your inquiry and please let me know how things turn out.

Do not forget to contact me in the future at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional questions, comments, or concerns having to do with this topic or others.

This query has utilized a total of 15 minutes of professional time in research, review, and synthesis for the purpose of formulating a return statement.