Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest alternative brands of Atacand for high blood pressure

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
hi Doctor I used to take ATACAND 16mg. for high blood pressure i.e 160-170 to 105-110. Now Iam shifted to other country i.e India where this medicine is not available. Kindly advice me which medicine will help me to reduce the blood pressure. My particular are as follows: 1)Male 2)age: 60 years 3) Height: 6feet 4 Weight: 112 kg. 5: nature of job: OFFICE JOB 9AM TO 5PM. 6 Eating non vegetarian 7: Physical exercise: 20 half hour walk
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX or candesar Detailed Answer: Hi, Atacand 16mg is available as alternative brands in India. XXXXXXX 16mg, Candesar 16mg or Candelong 16mg are the commonly available brands here. Be rest assured all these medicines contain the same generic formula candesartan. You can take one of these as per your previous doctors instructions. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor