• question-icon

Suggest alternate over the counter medication for anxiety

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I do not want to take Xanax for my anxiety and fear when I have to drive. What natural things can work to do the same. YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Xanax is absolutely not a good medication to use. It is addictive, causes memory loss and dementia and falls, and causes worsening anxiety over time. There is no natural remedy for anxiety other than relaxation techniques. I recommend CBT, a type of weekly therapy that is much safer and helps with anxiety more than medications.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist