Suggest alternate over the counter medication for Zofran

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is there an OTC equivalent or near equivalent for Zofran?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dramamine or Bonine

Detailed Answer:

Yes, Dramamine (Dimenhydrinate 50 mg) and Bonine (Meclizine HCl 25 mg) both are OTCs which have effect closer to Zofran.

The mechanism of action of Zofran is different but both Dramamine and Bonine serve the purpose without any side effects.

Long term use of either of the medications is not advisable.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137