Suggest alternate over the counter medication for Xarelto

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: Is it good idea to be taking both of these each day; they are both for blood disorders won’t Xarelto do what Atorvastatin does?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can take both.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Xarelto is a blood thinner drug and it inhibites the clot formation in vessels.

While atorvastatin is used to maintain the cholesterol and triglycerides level.
So both are different and you should take both according to advise.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.