Suggest alternate over the counter medication for Ropinirole

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my ropinirole is not working for RLS can I take pramipexole at the same time?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

It is absolutely not safe to take these two medications together. Taking them together can over-activate dopamine receptors and cause psychosis. I strongly advise against doing this.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng