• question-icon

Suggest alternate over the counter medication for Hydrocodone Acetaminophen

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I accidentally swallowed two hydrocodone acetaminophen 1o-3 25mg tabs within 25 minutes of each ther. What are my concerns and remedial action

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ms, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but there is no need to worry as the two tablets you took contains 20 mg of hydrocodone and 750 mg of acetaminophen . Acetaminophen harmful dose is estimated to be 4000 mg daily , while hydrocodone is well tolerated up to 50 mg daily .. however if you feel any difficulty breathing in the next 12 hours( which is unlikely to happen) , then seek medical help. I hope I answered your question
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman