Suggest alternate options for Tylenol and anti-inflammatory drugs to treat a muscle inflammation
Opioids, topical pain killers and physiotherapy
Unfortunately, as you stated, Tylenol does not work as well as the anti-inflammatory medicines.
In terms of medications, other than Tylenol, the only other options would be topical medications/rubs/sprays and opioids eg Codeine, Tramadol, Hydrocodone etc.Topical pain medicines include Voltaren gel and Capsaicin.
Physiotherapy and surgery of certain affected joints Example: knee or hip replacements are the only other non medication options.Physiotherapy would help to strengthen the muscles and ligaments around the affected joints which would help to stabilize and reduce your pain.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James,
General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Chest wall muscle inflammation
- Prednisone for muscle inflammation
- Diseases that cause muscle inflammation
- Muscle inflammation causes
- Mri muscle inflammation
- Muscle inflammation diet
- Pubococcygeus muscle inflammation
- Blood test for muscle inflammation
- Treatment for muscle inflammation and tideness
- Drugs/medication for muscle inflammation