Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest alternate medicine to tramodol with same effect?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
tell me what medicines i can take that will workk the same as tramadol. i know you can take over the counter combinations that will come really close. please helm me

Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Tramadol is a soft narcotic medicine. It is good in mild pain management however it does not help with an inflammation. It only disturb pain sensing.
Arthritis pain is mostly caused by an inflammation process. Inflammation irritates nerves and that way give the pain. So it is very important to manage inflammation and pain. That is why more effective than Tramadol should be Diclophenac at your case. Its not narcotic anti inflammatory drug. Diclophenac should be taken with Omeprasole to protect stomach. The typical dosage is 50 mg twice a day.
Along with Diclophenac you may take Acethaminopthen and Metamizole. This should help with arthritis pain and is worth to try.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor