Suggest alternate medicine for Flector Patch to treat severe back pain
There are a number of possible treatments.
A menthol rub would pass FDA scrutiny for an effective and mostly safe treatment for osteoarthritis pain. It acts by irritating the area such that the underlying pain isn't felt.
There are also aspirin like drugs that can be rubbed on and have the aspirin get in. Flector is probably one of the more expensive ones.
The disk typically isn't helped by aspirin like drugs inside or outside but probably should be tried. Muscle relaxants that work on the spine (Robaxin) could be tried. Nerve pills that work on the spine--Amitryptiline and maybe Cymbalta could also be used.
Dr. Matt Wachsman,
Addiction Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- Endometriosis and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- Relief for severe back pain
- Dealing with severe back pain
- What alternate medicine should be taken for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Sudden severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain