Suggest alternate medication for Glipizide
What were your blood sugars then and now?
Why were you switched?
1. Kindly report your fasting blood sugars to me, before and after the switch.
2. Why was Metformin is discontinued? Was it related to a side effect or because blood sugars were not well controlled?
3. If it is because sugars were not well controlled, this is not correct as adding Glipizide is the recommendation and not replacing Metformin.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Ivo Ditah,
Internal Medicine Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- On ibuprofen for inflammation due to arthritis suggest alternative medication
- Alternative medication to ramipril
- Suggest pain medication when on bp medications
- Inflammation in ribs prescribed with ultram suggest alternative medication
- Suggest alternative medications for treatment of diabete
- Have migraines antistimine medication suggest medications
- Suggest alternative medication for cough
- Suggest alternative medication for mvfe for high creatinine level
- Suggest alternative of soma pain medication
- Not responding to testim alternate medication