Suggest about vaccination after being bitten by monkey

Question
Hello
I was bitten by a monkey in Ubud Monkey Forest Bali Indonesia
I understand Rabies has been a problem in Bali & that the Indonesian Government,
Undertook a mass Vaccination program of Monkeys in the Forest & of The population of Bali
The Monkey in Question is regarded as the Cheeky Monkey by Locals & Has Bitten Several
People 4 on the Day I Was there, he Was a Healthy Looking Monkey.
Bite was washed & cleaned by a nurse on site who assured my I had nothing to worry about.
To Be on the safe side I went to Hospital and began Rabies Post exposure Prophylaxis Schedule
I had had a Tetnus shot 14 days before arriving in Bali and have a good immune system my Australia
GP has told me iam 42 years of age and have not taken antibiotics in the last 22 years if this makes any difference.
At the hospital In bali I received Verorab & Berirab on day 0
Then Verorab on day 3 & on day 7
Unfortunately I have missed day 14 as I was in Colombia and could not get passed reception
In all 3 hospitals in Barranquilla as I don't speak Spanish
I have returned to Quebec Canada on my way back
To Austrailia hoping to get next Verorab injection
As soon as I could but 7 days has now passed and not sure of what too do next.
And if iam at risk of Contracting the Rabies Virus
The Monkeys were shot with dart gun Vaccinations apparently as the tourism is a life line for the community
I would appreciate any info you can give me.
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Next dose at the earliest

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for posting your concern.
First of all, I request my patients to be very careful regarding any animal bite and rabies post-exposure prophylaxis. This is because the disease causes death in 100 percent cases. It has no cure. The only thing is preventing the development of the disease.
So, please be very careful about the post exposure prophylaxis (PEP) for rabies. You will get authentic details about rabies PEP in the website of World Health Organizations.
Regarding the vaccination, my opinion is you need to take the missed dose as soon as possible and should consult the local physician at the earliest.
It is good that the nurse practitioners have immediately taken care of your wound.
But, it is a matter of concern that you have not taken the scheduled dose for 7 days. The protocol is not to start the vaccination again, but to have the missed dose at the earliest and adjust the schedule for subsequent doses accordingly. So, please consult your local physician for that.
Hope you are satisfied with my answer. If you have any further query related to this, please write back.
In case you have any new query in future, you can directly ask me questions @ http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-kaushik-sarkar/68460. I will try my level best to help you.
Dr. Kaushik