Suggest a treatment for an aggravated allergy on the left hand after the application of Benzoyl Peroxide Gel 5% on an elbow
Often, he applied Benzoyl Peroxide Gel - 5%, but there is no change rather it increased the allergy to his hand. Please see attached pics and prescribe medicines.
Oral and topical antifungals
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.
Seems like a fungal infection.
I suggest you to apply an antifungal cream e.g either luliconazole 1 %cream (Lulifin cream) Or sertaconazole 2%cream (Onabet cream), twice daily for 2 weeks.
In addition I suggest you to take an oral antifungal e.g tab Terbinafine 250mg once a day for 2 weeks.
You may also take a tab cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
These are prescription medications and I advice you to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription of the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Benzoyl peroxide acne before and after
- Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide gel
- Apply benzoyl peroxide gel on testicles
- Erythromycin benzoyl peroxide topical gel
- Benzoyl peroxide after dermaroller
- Treatment and cure for benzoyl peroxide acne
- Suggest treatment for nasal allergy
- Suggest treatment for peanut allergy
- Bartholin cyst treatment at home benzoyl peroxide
- Use of benzoyl peroxide after dermaroller