Suggest a remedy for skin itching

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Kindly suggest me a remedy for skin itching, specifically "pasine ki khujli".... i.e. around and below the waistline.

I would appreciate if you could name a lotion, cream/powder rather than generic medicince.
Also any advice on diet(what foods to avoid etc) and other hygiene tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Itching after sweat happens due to two reasons.
1. The components of sweat cause irritation.
2. Fungal infection occurs in areas where clothes are tight fittin.
You can apply clotrimazole powder daily in morning.
It comes as candid or clodid powder.
This powder will absorb sweat as well as control the fungus.
Regarding diet, you can take anything. There is no diet to control itch.
If possible take bath twice daily and wear loose fitting clothes at least when at home.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.