Suggest a remedy for itching around and below the waistline

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Ayurveda
Question: Kindly suggest me a remedy for skin itching, specifically "pasine ki khujli".... i.e. around and below the waistline.

I would appreciate if you could name a lotion, cream/powder rather than generic medicince.
Also any advice on diet(what foods to avoid etc) and other hygiene tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Workout

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health query and following points need consideration for specific line of management.

1. Although sweating is an essential function of the body, is skin itching due to Sweat Rash [pasine ki khujli] or perspiration?? [ is this due to trapped perspiration or due to excess sweating]??? SWEAT RASH or HEAT RASH
2. your occupation [any workout in gym,JOB,lifestyle [physical or mental STRESS] , Addiction]?
3. since little overweight [do let me know about your Height and Weight], so that your BMI [body mass index] can be calculated for assessing your risk and controlling your weight. [since around waistline, one causative factor of your problem]
4. have you checked with a Doctor earlier [for blood sugar level and thyroid profile] or seek help of a Dietitian?
5. any indulgence into alcohol, caffeine, spicy food, anxiety, exposed to warm temperatures???
6. since Skin and the nervous system have a common embryological origin thus it will be treated on the basis of "Psycho- Cutaneous Disorder'

Do let me know about the concerns raised, so that Dietary Regime with Lifestyle management can be incorporated with Ayurveda Medicines and Remedy.

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad