Suggest a remedy for constant diarrhea
yes, a viral illness is most likely
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Yes, it is most likely a viral infection.
Though bacterial infections of the stomach/intestines, can also cause this problem, the symptoms would normally be more severe and prolonged.
Today is now day four and the virus is working itself out of your system.
You can take lomotil or peptobismol to help with the diarrhea. In addition if you can obtain probiotics this would also help.
Probiotics help to give back the normal bacteria that should be present in the intestine and they help to further shorten the course of the diarrhea
The probiotics can be obtained on their own or used in some yogurts.
When there is a 4 hour window with no symptoms, then you can start back small amounts of dry foods.
If this is tolerated, then increased the amounts and also can start using your normal foods.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having constant diarrhea
- Constant diarrhea while pregnant
- Constant diarrhea after dukan diet
- Constant diarrhea will sauerkraut help
- What is the best treatment for constant diarrhea
- Feeling bloated and have constant diarrhea required treatment
- Constant diarrhea on diannette pill
- How to cure constant diarrhea
- 38 weeks pregnant constant diarrhea
- Constant diarrhea on microgynon