Suggest a quick solution for dark brown spots and craters caused due to pimples on my face

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I get a lot of pimples and i even scratch them or burst them myself by nails, now I have got some dark brown spots and craters on my face due to that. I want to have a smooth skin and get rid of these rough skin with craters produced by pimples. If it could be done within a week or two -- A quick solution would be appreciated ( some strong working medicine) . I have tried Benzoyl Peroxide Benzac gel which doctor had given, but it is not working. Please suggest a powerful medicine.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Acne and acne scars Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare Magic. Acne is hormonal and you will continue to have it till that hormonal influence is over. It might be 28 yrs or 30 yrs or even 32. Unfortunately there are no wonder drugs which will cure pimples in a months time. You may apply a combination cream of benzoyl peroxide and adapalene ( Epiduo gel ) at night. Tablet isotretinoin is a good tablet which dermatologists give for pimples. As this tablet has a lot of side effects and strict monitoring guidelines, we save it for the most severe pimples. There are a lot of treatments available to make scars look better, not smooth. Basically there are three types of pimple scars. Depending upon what is the majority of scars that you have treatments vary. Treatments available for it include Subcision, Derma roller ( Microneedling ) technique,Microdermabrasion, Ablative laser resurfacing, Non ablative laser etc. Get a consultation from a dermatologist who is experienced in cosmetology. He will assess your scars and plan treatment. You might need multiple sittings of different modalities of treatments for maximal benefit. You need to have patience because results will be gradual. After care instructions should be strictly followed and after procedure excessive sun exposure should be avoided. Avoid creams on your face. Avoid too much oil on your scalp. Diet is important. Avoid milk and milk products like cheese, chocolates, sweets, sugary foods and drinks. Eat a lot of fruits rich in vitamin A Hope this helped. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care