Suggest a pain medication that can be taken with Ketorolac

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is there a pain med i can take with Ketorolac ? I have read that I should not take it with Ibuprofen or Aspirin like drugs . Yet doctor told me to take 2 Aleve 3X day as needed for pain after injections of 200mg Toreador . Offices at Doctor are closed and I don't know what to do?
YYYY@YYYY

Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.
I understand your concern.You can safely take ibuprofen if you are having pain,But don't take both(ibuprofen and ketorolac). Aspirin is a blood thinner, so ibuprofen or ketorolac can't be taken with aspirin as it causes bleeding
Both Ketorolac and ibuprofen are NSAIDS, But ibuprofen is really effective.
You should take only twice not more than that, because it causes kidney damage if taken overdose.
Can you explain why you want a pain killer?
For what your physician advised Tab Alleve?

Get back if any query.

Dr VSk
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 26 minutes later
Doctor gave injection of 200mg Ketorolac in right hip
mussel as anti-inflammatory drug and for pain . It helped a little but not much . He then said to take up to 3 Aleve 3 times a day . I ask him again and he said yes , for this kind of pain I can take as many as 9 (200mg) Aleve every 24 hour . But after taking only 4 I noticed unusual pain in lower stomach . So I researched on internet and read this was an unwise mix of drugs . So back to question . Is there a "over the counter" med I can by for pain that will mix with Ketorolac ? Back and leg hurt very much , injection did not do much to help . I can not see doctor again until Monday at earliest .
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tylenol

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for Query.

As i said painkillers or NSAIDS should not be taken more than twice as it causes gastritis and renal damage.You can take antacids like Tab Pan twice daily 1/2hr before food if you have lower abdomen pain.

You can take Tab Tylenol thrice daily after food for pain relief along with Stopain spray for local application. You will e fine with these medications.Try them first if not relieved get back to me.

Dr VSK