Suggest a medication less potent than Ambien for sleep and a restless mind?
Benzodiazepines can be used.
Ambien is Zolpidem and is a hypnotic drug. The drug helps in sleep but doesn’t has much effects on controlling anxiety and thoughts. If with Ambien your symptoms are persisting then other drugs like Benzodiazepines can be added to your prescription. Low dose Lorazepam or Clonazepam can be used on sos basis. This will help in good sleep and will control the anxiety too. Please visit your doctor for this.
The drugs are better tolerated and Lorazepam is even short acting.
Please let me know if you need more help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having trigeminal neuralgia tinnitus no sleep suggest medication
- What is the suggested medication for sleeping problem
- Suggest best sleeping medication for end stage aih
- Suggest medication for thyroid under active and sleep apnea
- Suggest the medication for sleeping disorder
- Not able to sleep properly suggest some medication
- What is the suggested medication for shoulder pain during sleep
- Suggest treatment for disturbed sleep when on diabetes medication
- Medical sleeping with socks
- Lack of sleep suggest sleep inducing medication