Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suggest a good cream for tanned skin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2836 Questions
Hi Doctor ,
I am XXXXXX My skin Gets tanned up very soon speacially hands can u suggest me a good cream and also how to control it ,Because my face colour is different from my hands colour .
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic forum

I understand your concern about sun burn.

Your skin is sensitive to sun light. You have to protect your skin from sun light.

You should use sunscreen with 50 SPF regularly. Apply it 20 minutes before sun exposure and re apply every 3 hours. You can use Shadowz 50 sunscreen lotion.

Wearing full sleeve cloths, hand glows or summer coat will protect your skin further.

Procedure like microdermabrasion, skin peeling is helpful in tanned skin. You should consult dermatologist for these procedures.

You can get a prescription for medicated skin-lightening creams from your doctor. Skin lightening creams can be hydoquinone (mellalite forte cream), kojic acid, arbutin (koziglow cream). You should apply the cream on tanned cream at night. You need to use it for 4-6 weeks to see any effects. It is better to use these after consulting a physician.

I hope I answered your question.

Let me know if you have any query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor