Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Suggest a doctor for femoral hernia?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 14690 Questions
What type of doctor can tell if you have a femoral hernia?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 54 minutes later
Hi thanks for using healthcare magic

Hernias are best diagnosed and treated by a general surgeon.

It is possible for the hernia to be diagnosed by a general physician but will not be able to treat it. The general physician would need to refer you to a general surgeon.

It is normally diagnosed on physical examination, rarely is imaging needed.

If it is present it needs to be treated surgically.

If you do not know a general surgeon, your gp can refer you to one.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor