Suggest a diet plan to lose weight

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Ayurveda
Question: hi ,

can you pleae suggest me healthy diet and timings for reducing weight apart from physical exercises

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
will guide you

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
Thanks for consulting us.

i will suggest healthy diet. Before that i want to know your BMI. Body mass index. (Weight and Height).
one thing i want to clarify you. If you are in normal BMI,you can take healthy food which fullfills your calories needed for the day.in that situation,you don't need for any exercise.
If you are obese or overweight than only diet control cannot help you to reduce the weight.time limit also cannot be predicted.exercise should be advised.

However. I will give the list of healthy food style below:

Do take 3to 4 liters of water daily.

Avoid taking full carbohydrate diet like rice, Take wheat,,maize(mixed grains) in your daily food.

Avoid junk foods,fried items.

Add more leafy vegetables like spinach,gourd,cucumber,okra,carrot,beans and fruits as much in your lunch.
Add nuts Like almond,peanut,channa (recent studies says intake of nuts will not increase weight .
diary product can allowed with limited intake.

fruit and vegetable salad are served in the evening.

Dont take heavy food in the night.prefer steamed food. don't go bed immediately after taking food. leave at least two hours gap.

Add millet(ragi,bajra like food)multi grain food pattern will help you in reducing weight.
time limit for reduction of weight depends on which BMI category you related to.

Hope i answered your query

Kindly get back to me for further clarification
Dr.S.Senthilnathan

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 5 hours later
Thank you for the answer my height is 5 8' , weight is 84 and BMI is 28. Please suggest diet accordingly
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
your bmi indicates overweight

Detailed Answer:
Hai,
Thanks for your reply.
as your BMI indicates you are above normal weight. you need to reduce your weight. i usually don't recommend weight loss advise without exercise. as it is not a proper way only with diet. already stored fat should be burned by exercise.

However follow the below diet pattern to reduce weight and being healthy.

1. Do take 3 to 4 liters of water daily. so that it will wash away unwanted materials in body. keep you hydrated.

2.you should take less calorie food like steamed rice,wheat and all type of vegetables and fruits adding more millet group of food in your daily routine. all type of foodstuff should be proportionately added. now a days we don't take more fiber food. fiber food should be taken to avoid many complication like high cholesterol,gall stones,blood thickening problem etc

3)Take small quantity of food in 3 to 4 serving per day.(example: 2idly/2chappathi/100g kichidi etc) . so that excess food on serve will not be converted into fat. small quantity will equalize your energy requirement.

4.Avoid taking full carbohydrate diet like rice, wheat. add mixed grains in your daily food.

5. Totally Avoid junk foods,fried items, high calorie fatty food.(all non veg,puffed items,bakery foods etc)

6.Add more leafy vegetables like spinach,gourd,cucumber,okra,carrot,beans and fruits as much in your lunch.antioxidants in fruits and vegetables will keep you ever healthy.

7.Add nuts Like almond,peanut,channa (recent studies says intake of nuts will not increase weight .

8.Diary product can allowed with limited intake.(200ml of milk per day.
tender coconut can be taken frequently.buttermilk is allowed.

9.fruit and vegetable salad are served in the evening.(to avoid the junk foods in social gathering or in office)

10.Don t take heavy food in the night.prefer steamed food. don't go bed immediately after taking food. leave at least two hours gap.

Hope I given you an idea. follow it and get back to me for any clarification.

Thanks and regards
Dr.S.Senthilnathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 16 minutes later
Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I have one last question that I started drinking honey with warm water in early morning and lemon water with sugar before lunch. what will be the effects of it ?
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Honey and lemon is good for health

Detailed Answer:
Hai,

Honey with warm water have not shown any weight reduction in recent studies.

honey is a good supplement which got enriched minerals and vitamins.

refined sugar is not good for health. but most of us using it.

lemon contains vitamin C and it got so many health benefits like antioxidant,anti coagulant etc.
taking lemon and honey is good for health.

Thanks and regards
Dr.S.Senthilnathan
Follow up: Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 39 minutes later
Thank you for your answer
Is it good to take honey +lemon in warm water in morning and lemon+salt water 30 min before lunch or else please share your inputs on this
Answered by Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
take separately

Detailed Answer:
Hai,

Dont take honey with lemon.

Take honey with warm water seperately in morning as you do.

Lemon with salt in afternoon after food after one hour. Before food is not advisable.

Thanks and regards
Dr. S.senthilnathan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Senthilnathan Subramanian

Ayurveda Specialist