Suggest a diet plan for a patient with acute ischemic colitis
Follow this diet plan.
Some food plans are-
-Whole grains are very beneficial to consume. These can be in the form of XXXXXXX whole wheat bread or cereal, brown rice, whole grain pasta, grains such as whole oats, wild rice, rye, oatmeal, and corn are also beneficial.
-Fruits and vegetables a significant part of any diet to help in recovering fast. They are full of essential nutrients; follow a high carbohydrate diet, Fat contents of it should be very low. However Olive oil, canola oil, and flaxseed oil are all healthy fats that are recommended as part of a diet.
-Healthy proteins in the form of low-fat milk and dairy products along with lean meats, beans, eggs and soy products can also be a part of a healthy diet.
6 am -50 gram boiled sprouts
8 am-Instant oats 2 scoops with 200 ml fat less milk
12-1 cup brown rice
1 cup of fruits (three types mixed)
5pm-150 gram boiled broccoli
2 loaves of bread
1 glass orange juice fresh
probiotic VSL# 3
1 cup of boiled veggies with pepper
1 cup of fruits
1 glass milk
1 scoop peanut butter
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Living with ischemic colitis
- Diet recommended for ischemic colitis
- Diet for ischemic colitis patients
- Diagnosis of acute ischemic colitis
- Symptoms of acute ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis antibiotics
- Drugs/medication for acute ischemic colitis
- Treatment and cure for acute ischemic colitis
- Ischemic colitis young adult
- Acute ischemic colitis causes
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses