Suggest a diet plan for a end-stage renal disease patient
Diet in ESRD on HD is protein rich without juices
Diet in hemodialysis incorporates the following principles
Proteins- 1.2 gm/Kg body wt/day
calories- 25 to 30 kcal/Kg/day
Liquids 2 liter per day ( as you are passing 2 liter urine per day)
No juices and juicy fruits as they are rich in phosphorus and potassium.
Add less salt . do not add table salt . use less salt while cooking.
do not take any special salt which contain potassium instead of sodium.
So with these guidelines we have to see what food stuffs you are taking for your meals and calculate the amount which you are allowed to have.
This is the work of a dietitian to sit down and interview you for the same.
Broadly you have to avoid foodstuffs rich in potassium and phosphorus.
if you have any other query please write in
1) what are the "best" sources of protein for me ? I am a "pure" vegetarian.
2) Can I consume Wholewheat bread/ butter/ kova sweets/ laddus / dry fruits like almonds/walnuts/ Brazilnuts / Namkeens (Non-branded locally made ones ) in moderation occassionally ?
I expect your answer with much eagerness.
Protien from pulses and paneer
1. protein from pulses and paneer. even soya can be taken. there wont be much difference in protein quality.
2.do not take nuts and dry fruits as they are rich in phosphorus and you must be already using phosphate binding tablets.
3. you can take sweet and ladoos if you are not a diabetic.
4. whole weat bread can be taken but please avoid namkeen as they have extra salt content and can increase blood pressure
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of end-stage renal disease
- End-stage renal disease prognosis
- Dsm iv codes end stage renal disease
- End stage renal disease
- Treatment and cure for end-stage renal disease
- Symptoms of end-stage renal disease
- Drugs/medication for end-stage renal disease
- Sweet syndrome and end stage renal disease
- End-stage renal disease causes
- End stage renal disease life expectancy
- Diagnosed with pre-renal failure due to hormones. How is the kidney...
- Going to gym and taking creatine. Started back pain and palm skin...
- Had pulmonary sarcoidosis. Normal CT scan venogram with iv contrast...
- Child has flank pain, blood in urine, nausea, fatigue, headache....
- I am diabetic. Having normal BP and sugar levels. Taking insulin and...
- Losing weight. Feeling weak and bloated. Treated for a triple A repair...
- Medical test done. What does the values signify? What should I do?
- I am 56 year old diabetic. Took overdosage of taxim-O 200. What should I...
- Pitting edema in ankles, profuse sweating. Taken Cipro for flu. History...
- Ultrasound shows prominence of pelvicalyceal system. Donated one kidney....