• question-icon

Suggest a diet for elevated ASO titer levels

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Lupus
Question: What are the foods we prevent to control aso tire
My aso is 400
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
ASO titre

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

thank you for writing on health care magic

Well, ASO is a very non specific test and for some reason it is practiced in XXXXXXX and performed in diseases with absolutely no significance. Normal throat infection is also caused by Streptococcal for which ASO can be raised.

SO I am not sure why you are on pentid?? Unless your heart valves were affected due to the rheumatic fever. If not, please consider stopping it...

As for the food, not much food is not to effect the ASO as it is caused by bacterial infection. SO once the infection goes off it gets settled. Even if mildly raised, we dont chase it unless you have symptoms.

Do let me know these queries

Dr Naval
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist