Suggest a balanced diet plan for a 1 year old child
Could you suggest a balanced diet for her? How much milk she shall consume on an average per day and what other things can be included in her food now so that she get all the required nutrients in the amount needed at this stage.
Suggetions on feeding of a child
I take this opportunity to tell you certain scientific facts to guide on feeding a child -
1. An active is a well kid even if she is not eating well.
2. Development of a kid is as important as or I would say even more important than growth alone.
3. As the kids grow their interest in food decreases and interest in play activities increases so that they eat small quantity and run away to play. As parents we need to be more patient and feed than less quantity but more aliquots per day.
4. This age rather than the quantity of the food I suggest you concentrate more on the number of times you feed her and also make whatever you feed her calorie dense by adding good amount of ghee to it.
5. I suggest you not to use appetite stimulants on long run as they may cause drowsiness.
Coming to your specific queries -
1. Milk intake should be a maximum of 300ml per day.
2. Avoid ground nuts till 2 years of age.
3. If you are non-vegetarians introduce egg and then gradually other non-veg diet as she is above 1 year now. But vegetarian diet is always preferable.
4. Introduce all vegetables and all seasonal fruits - if not given previously - one per week - this will make us aware is she is allergic to any of these.
5. Even if i give you a diet plan - it is very difficult to stick on with a child and so usually only general guiding points will help.
6. In fact our regular socially and culturally acceptable XXXXXXX diet contains all the required nutrients and is a balanced diet.
7. the concept is - FAMILY POT FEEDING - which means that - whatever you cook for everybody in the family should only be given to her also.
Dr. Sumanth Amperayani,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diet plan for 13 months old child
- 4years old balance diet
- Diet for 6years old child
- Balanced diet for 22 year old
- Balanced diet for 2 year child
- Diet plan for 10year old child
- Balanced diet for 21years old man
- What is the diet plan for above 5years child
- Balanced diets for a 20 year old man
- Balance diet for 37 years old
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?