Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Sugested to do Angiography for Pulmonary Hypertension. Taking medicines. Suggest

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
Doctor suggested to perform Angiography for "Pulmonary Hypertension", but currently with the medicine intake my father is feeling better than earlier. He had gastric trouble due to delay in consuming lunch which caused for the cardiac arrest and currently he is taking on time. So please suggest whether angiography had to be done and medicine had to be continued throughout the life... Please advice.
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 22 hours later
Dear patient,

Thanks a lot for your health concerns. When patients present with cardiac arrest, if the person has risk factors for coronary artery disease (blocked arteries) or known disease, one of the first investigations that will be performed is a coronary angiogram to make sure that blocked arteries, particularly acutely, are responsible for the presentation. So, it might have been clearly indicated

In terms of the pulmonary hypertension, there are many causes of it (primary pulmonary hypertension, right heart disease, left heart disease, pulmonary disease,ect) and for most patients, treatments are chronic, and meant to be taken on a regular basis. So, although he is feeling better with the medications, which I am glad to hear about, he SHOULD NOT discontinue any of his cardiac medications unless indicated by his cardiologist.

Hope this is useful, wish you and your father the best health,

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases
Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Sugested to do Angiography for Pulmonary Hypertension. Taking medicines. Suggest 1 hour later
Thanks a lot Doctor for clarifying with my query. Will have him continue with the medication until my cardiologist gives green signal to stop so.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 4 hours later
You are welcome XXXXXX, wish you and your father the best health

Dr Brenes Salazar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor