Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering with sinusitis. Temporary relief from antibiotic. Suggested for surgery. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2549 Questions
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am 33 years old and working as a software engineer . For last 1 year i have been suffering with sinusitis ( Maxillary Sinus ) . It responsive to antibiotics all the times i used , but frequently comes back . I was suggested by ENT specialist to take up surgery .

I heard that , a hospital having best equipments for sunus surgery will give positive result . I request you , please name some of the best hospitals in bangalore to undergo for the surgery .
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 6 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. It would be a good idea for you to upload your plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan Images (not the report) for an accurate assessment. It is the gold standard imaging before any septal or sinus surgery is planned.

2. Balloon Sinuplasty may be an alternative to FESS (Functional Endosocpic Sinus Surgery) in your case. However, I will need to review your CT images.

3. You may contact:
a. Dr. XXXXXXX N. Dutt, WWW.WWWW.WW b. Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX WWW.WWWW.WW c. Dr. Kumaresh Krishnamoorty WWW.WWWW.WW d. Dr. S. XXXXXXX
e. Dr. A. Mahadeviah WWW.WWWW.WW f. Prof Dr. H. Vijayendra WWW.WWWW.WW
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor